Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's Quiz

I don't do the resolution thing, but I do enjoy a good retrospective when the New Year dawns.
All & Sundry posted this questionnaire and asked us all to play along. C'mon you know you wanna!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
    Potty trained my child and weaned her too.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
    I don't make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
    My friend Heather had boy/girl twins in November.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
    Uncles, an aunt, my best friend's mother.
5. What countries did you visit?
    Does Detroit count as a foreign country?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
    I want for nothing... except maybe a cheeseburger...and some fries
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
    The day our car got it's windows smashed was pretty memorable.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
     Starting a blog.
9. What was your biggest failure?
     Vegan pumpkin pie.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
      Oh, I had the usual sinus infections and Mother related stress fatigue.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
      My new digital camera and a continuous ink supply system and Obama paper dolls.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
      The voters of this weird, wonderful country.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
      My mother's during her summer visit.
14. Where did most of your money go?
      Food and shelter.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
      Violet's birthday and Christmas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
      Tomorrow, as sung by daughter.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
    Happier
b) thinner or fatter?
    Thinner
c) richer or poorer?
    It's so low-class to talk about money... let's talk about how much space is in my wallet.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
     Playing
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
      Lying in bed with a sinus headache.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
      Blissfully. At home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
      I fall in love with my husband at least once a week and my daughter makes me swoon daily.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
       30Rock is tied with the Daily Show.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
      I don't waste time with hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
      The Case for Make Believe.(Okay, I can't remember what else I read)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
       Alison Kraus and Robert Plant. 
26. What did you want and get?
       A Bamboo tablet.
27. What did you want and not get?
       Alabama Stitch
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
       Wall-E and Religulous
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
       I turned 32 and I can't remember anything else about it.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
       Hiring a maid.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
      Thrift store chic.
32. What kept you sane?
       The internet and my blog.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
       Barack Obama
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
      Our educational system pisses me of daily.
35. Who did you miss?
      The annual onslaught of X-Mas Cards makes me miss a bunch of people.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
       Twin newborns Evangeline and Liam.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
       This too shall pass and it will pass too quickly.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
       The sun'll come out tomorrow. So you gotta hang on 'til tomorrow. Come what may.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin