Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Eeny Meany Miney Mo


Today is primary day in Ohio and seeing as I am torn between making women's history and making African -American history, I needed a little help making my decision. I enlisted the most unbiased, genuine person I know to make the choice for me. I sat Violet down in front of the computer and posted a picture of each candidate. I asked her to pick one. She immediately pointed to Obama and exclaimed, "That one!" In case you distrust the conviction of a toddler, my husband repeated the experiment later, with different photos and her mind had not changed. "That!", she said and pointed to the senator from Illinois. When a teenage Violet begins to study the historic presidency of Barack Obama, I will tell her that she knew just by looking and maybe she'll get interested in what it takes to make America run.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin