Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wardrobe Wednesday




This is how Violet dressed to go see The Princess and the Frog last weekend.  Due to the then present blanket of snow on the ground I did require her to add some layers.  What I really like about this outfit is that she decided to use Wonder Woman's belt in place of the gold lame` cape that comes with this dress. It shows good sense that she would make the ensemble a bit more casual for our afternoon at the movies.

Can I just tell you how much I love going to see a movie with an audience full of children?  I'm not being sarcastic.  I mean little children, not those annoying pre-adolescent things. They just get so excited and they giggle so infectiously. You can't help but be happy in a theatre full of laughing kids.  A long time ago, before Violet was born, we saw a Harry Potter film in a jam packed theatre.  A boy of about 5 or 6 was sitting next to me and just as the movie began he looked up at me and said, "I'm Harry Potter." His eyes were so wide and he was so blissed out on magic; I just wanted to kidnap him.  I did not, but his little face is forever tucked away in a little happy corner of my brain.


Have you noticed that I make Violet stand in the dog's bed for nearly every Wardrobe Wednesday photo I take? What can I say? The light is always good in that spot.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin