Thursday, January 29, 2009

Comet School

This morning my daughter crept into my bed and began to spin a tale about comets. The narrative was loose and a bit nonsensical, but I learned a few things:

1. Comets are blue. They are not yellow. They are not green.

2. Comets fly around the Milky Way.

3. Comets do not have feet.

4. Comets are like the moon, but they are NOT the moon.

5. Super heroes catch the comets and bite them.

6. Comets are like a circle hole cut out in the sky.


The story began to ramble and repeat itself, so I cut in and asked if we should get up and make breakfast.
Violet got a stern look on her face and said to me:

"What matters is that comets don't wear socks. Okay, Mama?"



Okay indeed.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin