Monday, November 24, 2008

Diagnosis: Ick

When I am suffering from non-specific yuck (symptoms may include achiness, crankiness and the inability to extricate oneself from the couch), I reach for a very unconventional remedy. Hoop skirts.



Do not ask me why, but when the funk sets in I bust out the 19th century epics. First I watch Little Women, so that I can detoxify with a good involuntary cry (it's just like an enema for your heart). Then, I move on to Gone With the Wind, so that I can remind myself that things could be much worse. I could be having my leg amputated by candlelight without the benefit pain killers. This movie really helped put my unwanted c-section into perspective for me. If I make it to Oklahoma without intervention I feel purged of the evil and ready for the next phase of recovery. Baking. The lunch baskets in Oklahoma make a girl want to put something in the oven!

What do you do to make yourself feel better?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin