Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mmm, fishsticks...

I was inspired to wax nostalgic on the things I learned from my mother.

When I was kindergarten, our class published it's own cookbook. We little people were charged with writing about our favorite home cooked food, which would then be accompanied by our own illustrations. The finished product told the tale of my mother's culinary skill. All of the other kids in my class wrote mini manifestos on the joys of warm chocolate chip cookies and spaghetti with meatballs. Also, their mothers provided neatly handwritten and typed recipes to go in the recipe book. I wrote eloquently about how my mother removed the frozen fish sticks from the box, placed them on a tray and then put them in the oven. No recipe required. Thanks, Mom.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin