Saturday, February 2, 2008

Heath Ledger


I am generally pretty firmly on the side of restraint when it comes to following celebrity tragedy, but I am drawn to this story. I am sure it is because Heath Ledger leaves behind a daughter nearly the same age as my child. One of my greatest fears is that my child might lose her father (or myself). My husband's job places him in as much danger as that of an actor, only the circumstances are different. Actor's face the constant danger of self-destruction. It isn't the same as going to war or fighting fires, but the resulting death is just as devastating to the people left behind. Anyway, I read a quote from Michelle Williams on People.com and it was so moving I had to post it here.

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day.

"His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up in the best memories."

Now, let's leave them to their private grief.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin