Friday, April 16, 2010

I'll Remember You All When I'm Famous

I've been keeping a little something special under my hat for a few weeks now. I've been waiting for the right time to do a big announcement.  I wanted it to be special...then I got bored and decided that I would show you right now. It's all about timing people.

I regularly contribute photos to the Flickr group for Dayton's Metro Parks. I like sharing local photos with local folks. You get more feedback that way.  Anyway, a few months ago I got a message from the public relations department at Five Rivers Metro Parks, asking if they could use some of my photos for their upcoming summer bulletin. After I got done squealing and jumping up and down I wrote a very professional response and got the ball rolling to super stardom for my little family.




































We met with a PR rep from Five Rivers and did a little interview about how we use the parks to learn and have fun as a family.  Violet got her picture taken playing in the Children's Garden and we got a nice copy of the Parkways cover. It was pretty cool.  My local readers can expect to find the bulletin sometime next month.  If you don't subscribe, you can pick up a copy at the library.

As if that weren't enough, we were informed this week that Violet will also be gracing the cover of a family fun guide.



































It won't be long before all the children of Dayton are sporting kitten ears, tiaras and wings.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin