Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wardrobe Wednesday

I don't wear a lot of makeup.  My skin is sensitive and oily and after a couple of hours I look worse than I would have if I went naked faced.  I like mascara and lip gloss and I will powder my nose if I want to look real fancy.  Besides, I don't go anywhere, so why bother? 

My dear friend M is an executive with a big company and wears makeup everyday.  This daily application of paint, has not gone unnoticed by her children.  On a recent outing together, the battle cry of K-girl and Z-man was MAKEUP (yes, the boy wants some too).  Mama was supposed to make a stop at Ulta and they were thrilled at the prospect of acquiring something new for themselves.  Violet began chiming in as well, because MAKEUP must be awesome if you are going to yell about it in all caps, right? Well, the day did not go quite according to plan and we had to improvise with a quick stop at Sally Beauty to appease the tiny, raging beauty queens. I stayed in the van with the kids, because the boy had passed out and needed to stay that way.  Oh, and Sally Beauty is but a tiny little shop and these girls would have ransacked that place in their bloodthirsty quest for MAKEUP.  When M got back with matching bargain bin eyeshadow palates for the girls, the colors immediately reminded me of a black-eye.  I told the girls we could give each other black eyes at our next playdate. 





Violet still doesn't really know what MAKEUP is all about, and I'd like to keep it that way for awhile. I am also keeping her in the dark about chewing gum and sneakers that light up, so you know...

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin