Monday, February 1, 2010

Quoth the Violet

Last night after watching the Grammys, I took a swig of Nyquil and headed to bed. Aaron took his sleeping pill, so we were pretty much unreachable after 20 minutes.  About midnight, I remember seeing a blurry shape standing next to the bed. The shape claimed to be my child and wanted in the big bed. I was powerless to stop her, but I went on with my usual strategy and asked the kid why she needed to sleep with us.

Vi: There's no clock in my room. I can't tell what time it is.
Me: {{aggleflaggle}} You don't know how to tell time, baby.
Vi: I know Mama.
Me: {{{{whoompyflappy}} {{{snore}}}

I woke to a completely naked sleeping child between me and my husband.  Her clothes were piled on top of the blankets, alongside the cat.

************

There's a fun new blog called Things My Child Says and if you click over you can read another bit of wisdom from my Violet.  Submit something too, while you're there.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin