Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm Still NOT Making Resolutions

So, the Winter Solstice is supposed to be the celebration of the returning light and yet come New Year's Day I feel blah. I feel as if the light will NEVER return. There is nothing to look forward, but cold. I sit huddled in front of my computer trying to absorb some warmth from the bandwidth. A year ago, I dealt with my restlessness by potty training the child and starting a blog. I know, I've already told the whole of the interwebs that I do not make resolutions, but I may need to take on a project while I hibernate.

A project is NOT a resolution. There is nothing resolute about a project. Projects can go on forever and wither and revive and never fail.  It's the failure part of resolutions that make them so unappealing to me. It's also why I never set goals. Goals are kryptonite to my rebel soul, but a project makes me stronger.

Give me a project. Yeah, I'm talkin' to you. I won't promise to do it (promises are a bit resolute), but I will take all suggestions under consideration and thank you kindly for them.

Go on. How often does someone ask you to tell them what to do?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin