Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bananas Flambé

Just as a public service announcement, I'd like to let you all know that bananas DO IGNITE in the microwave. I am sure that there has been some speculation about this in the past. Today, I have laid to rest any doubts about the nuclear combustability of banana skins. Why? "Why?"you say. Why would I put whole bananas in the microwave? They weren't soft enough for making banana bread yet and I couldn't possibly be expected to wait three or four more days to bake banana bread.  I read somewhere (somewhere disreputable) that you could nuke bananas to soften them up. True, they were soft once they took a few spins around the microwave, but they were also smoking bombs of nearly liquified goo.  The question is, "Did she make the banana bread, or what?"  Yes, I did! I put on my pink rubber gloves, carefully removed the bursting, hot skins and dumped them into the mixer. Stay tuned for the verdict on whether or not electrified bananas can substitute successfully for week old black bananas...

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin