Monday, October 27, 2008

Crafty Heathens: Part One

Halloween is almost here and so it is time for the Heathen household to descend into Christmas preparations. Last year, I made a pantry full of felt food and play food boxes for the kitchen that Violet was getting from Santa. This year's theme is Wonder Woman. Violet fell hard for Diana Prince's scantily clad alter-ego ( I will post costume pics soon) and I must say that I am encouraging it. ANYTHING but Cinderella and Dora, PLEASE! Anyway, I really like for Vi to have an enormous number of packages to open on Christmas Day, but since we are not wealthy, I must pad the purchases with homemade gifts.  
*Please don't think me a spoiler, we do not generally indulge Violet during 
the other 11 months of the year.
So, I present to you, my first completed craft for the holiday season. Okay, I know that knotted polar fleece blankets are hardly art, but I didn't use a kit and I made that Wonder Woman logo all by myself (ok, photoshop was involved) and I am pretty proud of the results. And, for those of you who have not made one of these no-sew blankets, they are a back breaking pain in the ass. Sure, any idiot can tie the knots, but cutting each piece of fringe precisely, is VERY tedious. I don't think I'll be making these for other people. Violet will love it and that makes the scissor callus on my finger all worth it!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin