Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Feeling Better

I am up and about this morning, having sweat all night long. My fever was finally broken by some Tylenol. A days worth of ibuprofen had no effect. My mind and body are now being rejuvenated by a little Nirvana. I was leafing through an issue of Rolling Stone and they had a list of the 100 Greatest guitar songs. Smells Like Teen Spirit was #10 and I felt the irresistible urge of nostalgia. Teenage Kelly is rolling her eyes at the idea that adult Kelly would find the raucous stylings of Kurt Cobain soothing, but there you have it. I am singing along, like my Grandmother sings along to Hank Williams. Hey Good Lookin', that Smells Like Teen Spirit... maybe I'm still a little feverish.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin