Friday, May 15, 2009

Through my View Finder

Most of the time Aaron and I forget to really look at each other.  Violet is distracting us with a song or a whine. The dog needs to go outside or the trash is overflowing.  

We pass each other. We see right through one another.

I take my camera everywhere I go now. I find myself just pushing down the shutter button without focusing my mind on the subject at hand.  Click. Click. Click.  I haven't got the energy to take in every beautiful, ordinary moment, as it happens.  And so, I click, click, click. I am saving the view for later.

Hours, days or weeks go by and I look at the images I've taken with fresh eyes.  I see things that went unnoticed at first. I realize how much I've missed.  My camera freezes in time, what my brain can't catch.

It's the best view I've got.



**********************************************
What's your best view? Windex and The Parent Bloggers Network want to know. They might even give you a prize! 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin