Sunday, March 15, 2009

When Mama Is Sick

In this trying economy, it is important to hold on to the job you've got. Sometimes that means reminding everyone just how indispensible your work is. In the case of a stay-at-home parent, the most expedient way to get a little respect is to take ill and stop performing ALL of the million tiny tasks that you are normally responsible for. Your employer family will soon realize just how much they need you, when they find themselves starving and knee deep in their own filth. Unfortunately, once this little exercise is over you will find yourself with a mess to clean up. I advise keeping Mommy Sick Leave as brief as possible, so that you do not have to deal with this.

The debris field continued throughout the house.
The thick layer of crumbs really didn't photograph clearly.
At least no one starved, right?
Okay, I'm not sure I can blame this one on my illness.


* Oh! Shady Lady recently bestowed an award on me for my attitude and gratitude. Thanks! I would be eternally grateful if you all forgive me for not following ANY of the procedures required for accepting the award. C'mon! I'm really tired. I had to clean this dirty house.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin