Sunday, December 21, 2008

To Sum Up...

The decorations are up. The cookies are baked. The week's groceries have been purchased and put away. All the gifts have been wrapped (and piled up much higher than I anticipated). The DVR is stocked with History Channel holiday goodies like The History of Christmas, so that I can indulge in my favorite drug (TV, not crack) this Christmas Eve. I plan to spend the next couple of days cleaning my filthy house. Christmas Day is much more enjoyable for me if I feel like I'm getting a much deserved break. Otherwise Christmas Day can sometimes feel like just another lazy, stay-at-home day in a really dirty house and that is what January is for.

I am going to take a break for the rest of the week and emerge refreshed and inspired on the other side of the holidays. Don't worry! I'll will supply some canned entertainment and Christmas wishes to see you through.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin