Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Biggest Fan, Obviously


My dear friend Jeannine saw David Sedaris recently and surprised me with a signed copy of his latest book. As you can clearly see, David was devastated that I was unable to attend his reading. I am truly a geek. When I saw what was written in my book, I giggled and blushed as if the sentiment were genuine and based in reality. Is this what little girls feel like in the presence of Hannah Montana? In fact, I will try to convince as many people as possible that David Sedaris is MY biggest fan. I happen to have a few uncultured folks coming to visit soon who will be easily duped.

Jeannine was also clever enough to include a gift for Violet that would keep her occupied while I abandoned all parental responsibilities to indulge in reading my book. She'll make a fine Mommy some day.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin