Monday, April 7, 2008

Nerd Alert


I am a little bit obsessed with the John Adams mini series. He is a relative after all. I am pleased by how often our 2nd President's tactless and aggressive demeanor reminds me of my own immediate family. Of course, I could be biased. But, it is nice to see that these traits could be put to good use should we ever have another revolution.

I have a degree in theatre and I love costumes, so this series offers me a little feast of colonial style. I cannot stop staring at the wigs. Men have been vain since time and memoriam and it annoys/amuses me that women are ridiculed for the same kind of vanity. I say if a man wants to wear pin curls on the side of his head then he should be prepared to take the advice of a woman. Abigail Adams was actually quite influential in the affairs of her husband, my distant cousin. But, if she had had her way entirely he would have come home and helped out with the kids and the farm once in awhile. Geez, we're so selfish that way.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin